In this Article
Many women often get discouraged after miscarrying more than once. But there is good reason for you to not let go of hope and believe that you will realise your dream of being a mother. With some care and precautions, you have as good a chance as any of being pregnant.
Can You Still Conceive After Having Two Miscarriages in a Row?
Can you get pregnant after two miscarriages? Yes, you can!
A study on miscarriages< found that women who have miscarried twice only miscarry the third pregnancy about 17 to 25 percent of the time. So, after two miscarriages, chances of a healthy pregnancy are 75 percent. In case of a third miscarriage, there is then still a 65 percent possibility of you having a healthy pregnancy.
Tips to Plan a Safe and Healthy Pregnancy After Two Miscarriages
If you are trying to get pregnant again after a miscarriage, here are some things to keep in mind.
1. Recover Emotionally
Miscarriages can cause an emotional upheaval in you. You will feel an acute sense of loss and experience a range of negative emotions. It is important for you to remember that you don’t have to start trying immediately to get pregnant again. You can wait for two or more menstrual cycles before trying again. It is quite possible that you won’t look for physical intimacy immediately after for a while. This is normal. Take time to heal yourself completely. That said, if you get pregnant within six months after your miscarriage, your chances of a healthy pregnancy will increase.
2. Recover Physically
After a miscarriage, your endometrial lining takes some time to recover fully. Your body needs to be ready to take on all the changes pregnancy brings, before you get pregnant. If you rush in with a half-recovered body, there is a chance that you may have to face a miscarriage again. This is why doctors advise women to wait for a few months.
3. Consult a Doctor
If you feel that you are ready to be pregnant again, consult a gynaecologist. He may suggest a diet plan, tests and treatments to return your body to its full health, if required. This can greatly reduce any chances of complications during pregnancy.
4. Monitor Closely
It is absolutely essential that you take care of yourself and monitor your health closely if you are trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage. Ensure that you begin taking care of your body, stop any smoking, drinking habits. Start eating healthy and exercising regularly. You can also start on folic acid supplements. A healthy body is better equipped to retain and nurture a pregnancy. You can also visit your doctor regularly to get a general health check-up in the days preceding your pregnancy.
About 10 to 20 percent of all pregnancies end in miscarriages. There may be various reasons why you miscarry, but the important thing is to understand the reason behind it and do everything in your power to fix it. This way, you can be sure of experiencing a healthy and satisfying pregnancy. Also, don’t lose hope if you miscarry; with proper care, you can realise your dream. All you need is careful planning and self-care to get it done.