Is your child looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for his classroom activity? Why spend money picking up things from the store when you can make one at home? Help your child use his creativity and make a lovely cupid arrow this Valentine’s Day.
- Lollipop sticks – approx. 6 inches long
- Adhesive Foam Sheets of different colors – approx. 1cm thick
- Sparkle color tubes
- A small piece of ribbon – Approx. 1 inch long
- Take 3 Adhesive Foam Sheets of different colours.
- Cut out 1 heart shape from each sheet such that all the hearts are of different sizes.
- To make the feathery end of the cupid arrow – layer progressively smaller hearts together, one above the other (as shown in the image).
- Stick these 3 hearts together.
- Glue the hearts to one end of the lollipop stick placing it exactly at the centre of the hearts, as shown in the image.
- Stick another set of similar three hearts on the back to create a sandwich around the stick. This completes the feather end.
- Now cut out 2 medium-sized heart shapes from any colour foam sheet.
- Stick these 2 cut-outs around the other end of the lollipop stick. This completes the cupid arrow.
- Encourage your child to use his imagination and decorate the arrow with different sparkle colours.
- Ask your child to write a message for his friend on a piece of paper, roll it around the stick and tie it with a piece of ribbon.
Your little kiddo now has a wonderful handmade gift for his/her loved one or a classmate on this Valentine’s Day.